To set the perfect tone for your special day, choosing the right wedding songs is essential. Music plays a vital role in creating the perfect atmosphere for your wedding day. From the moment your guests walk into the ceremony, through the reception and first dance, to the cake cutting and last goodbyes, the right songs can help set the mood and make your big day unforgettable.
When choosing your wedding songs, it’s important to consider your personal style and taste, as well as the overall tone of your wedding.
Do you want a romantic and elegant affair or a more fun and upbeat celebration? Once you have a general idea of what you’re looking for, you can start to narrow down your choices.
In this blog post, we will provide you with the ultimate playlist for your wedding day. We have included songs for the ceremony, first dance, reception, and other special moments.
Let’s get started!
The Ultimate Wedding Songs for Your Big Day
Here is a breakdown of wedding songs to make your big day truly memorable;
1. Wedding Songs for the Ceremony
The ceremony is the heart of your wedding day, Be sure to choose music that reflects the importance of the occasion. Here are a few popular wedding ceremony songs:
- “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Elvis Presley
- “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen
- “How Long Will I Love You” by Ellie Goulding
- “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston
- “Just the Way You Are” by Billy Joel
- “Love Story” by Taylor Swift
- “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran
- “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran
- “When I Found You” by Adele
- “You Are the Best Thing” by Ray LaMontagne
2. Wedding Songs for the First Dance
Your first dance as a married couple is a special moment, therefore, the song you choose reflects the love and commitment you share. Here are a few popular wedding first dance songs:
- “All of Me” by John Legend
- “At Last” by Etta James
- “Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You” by Frankie Valli
- “Everything” by Michael Bublé
- “I Choose You” by Sara Bareilles
- “I’ll Be There” by The Jackson 5
- “Just the Way You Are” by Bruno Mars
- “My Girl” by The Temptations
- “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran
- “When I Fall in Love” by Celine Dion
3. Wedding Songs for the Reception
The reception is a time to celebrate with your loved ones, and the music you choose should reflect the fun and festive atmosphere. Here are a few popular wedding reception songs:
- “Best Day of My Life” by American Authors
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling!” by Justin Timberlake
- “Celebration” by Kool & the Gang
- “Dancing Queen” by ABBA
- “Don’t Stop Believin'” by Journey
- “Happy” by Pharrell Williams
- “I Gotta Feeling” by The Black Eyed Peas
- “I Want to Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)” by Whitney Houston
- “Marry You” by Bruno Mars
- “Mr. Brightside” by The Killers
- “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
4. Additional Wedding Songs to Consider
In addition to the ceremony, first dance, and reception songs, there are a few other wedding songs you may want to consider:
1. Processional song
This is the song that will play as you walk down the aisle to meet your partner at the altar. Popular processional songs include “Cannon in D” by Pachelbel and “Here Comes the Bride” by Wagner.
2. Recessional song
This is the song that will play as you and your new spouse walk back down the aisle after the ceremony. Popular recessional songs include “Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee” by Beethoven and “Hornpipe from Water Music” by Handel.
3. Cake-cutting song
This is the song that will play as you and your spouse cut your wedding cake. Popular cake-cutting songs include “Sugar, Sugar” by The Archies and “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You)” by James Taylor.
4. Last dance song
This is the song that will play as you and your guests say goodbye at the end of the night. Popular last dance songs include “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)” by Green Day and “Till There Was You” by The Beatles.
No matter what songs you choose for your wedding day, make sure they are songs that you and your partner love and that will make your day truly special.
Tips for choosing wedding songs:
- Consider the length of your songs: You don’t want a song to end abruptly in the middle of a special moment. Choose songs that are long enough to give you and your guests time to enjoy them, but not so long that they get boring.
- Be mindful of the lyrics: Make sure the lyrics of your songs are appropriate for your wedding ceremony and reception. You don’t want anything that could be offensive or embarrassing to your guests.
- Get feedback from your loved ones: Ask your friends and family for suggestions on wedding songs. They may be able to help you find the perfect songs for your special day.
- Think about your love story: What songs remind you of your relationship? What songs do you and your partner love to listen to together? Choosing songs that have personal meaning to you will make your wedding day even more special.
- Consider the overall mood of your wedding: Do you want a romantic and elegant affair or a more fun and upbeat celebration? Choose songs that match the tone of your wedding and will help create the atmosphere you’re looking for.
- Mix things up: Don’t be afraid to mix and match different genres and styles of music. This will help keep your guests entertained and ensure there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- Get creative: If you can’t find a song that’s perfect for your wedding, consider having a custom song written. This is a great way to add a personal touch to your day and create a song that you and your partner will cherish for years to come.
Youtube Wedding Songs
1. Top 10 YouTube Modern Wedding Songs
2. Upbeat Songs
3. Most Old Beautiful Love Songs Of 70s 80s 90s
4. Songs For Walking Down The Aisle
I hope you found the playlist above very useful and a major contribution to your big day. Now, let’s take a look at how you can create your own playlist with your favorite songs.
How to Create a YouTube Wedding Playlist
Creating a YouTube wedding playlist is a great way to get organized and ensure that you have all of your favorite songs in one place. Here are a few tips on how to create a YouTube wedding playlist:
- Start by creating a list of all of the songs that you want to include in your playlist. This can be done by brainstorming with your partner, asking friends and family for suggestions, or browsing through YouTube wedding playlists.
- Once you have a list of songs, start adding them to your playlist. You can do this by searching for the songs on YouTube and clicking the “Add to Playlist” button.
- Once you have added all of your songs to your playlist, you can start organizing them. You may want to organize your songs by genre, mood, or tempo. You can also create different playlists for different parts of your wedding, such as the ceremony, reception, and first dance.
- Once you are happy with your playlist, you can share it with your guests. You can do this by sending them a link to the playlist or by embedding the playlist on your wedding website.
Your wedding day is one of the most special days of your life, therefore the music you choose plays an important role in setting the tone and creating the perfect atmosphere. By following the tips in this blog post, you can choose the perfect wedding songs for your big day and also create a playlist that you and your guests will love.
To recap, here are some important things to keep in mind when choosing and using wedding songs:
- Consider your personal style and taste. What kind of music do you and your partner love? What kind of atmosphere do you want to create for your wedding day? Choose songs that reflect both of your personalities and will also make your day special for you and your guests.
- Mix things up. Don’t be afraid to mix different genres and styles of music. This will help keep your guests entertained and ensure there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- Get creative. If you can’t find a song that’s perfect for your wedding, consider having a custom song written. This is a great way to add a personal touch to your day and create a song that you and your partner will cherish for years to come.
- Don’t forget the lyrics. Make sure the lyrics of your wedding songs are appropriate for your ceremony and reception. You don’t want anything that could be offensive or embarrassing to your guests.
- Have fun! Choosing wedding songs should be a fun and exciting experience. Enjoy the process and choose songs that you and your partner love.
Most importantly, remember that your wedding day is about you and your partner. Choose music that reflects your love for each other and that will make your day truly unforgettable.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the number one most romantic song?
The Righteous Brothers’ “Unchained Melody” is Pandora’s top romantic song, evoking the unquestionable power of love through its lyrics, production, and music.